"You are dead a long time, so enjoy the time you have while you are alive"





Audio: Dave Is On The Road Again by Manfred Mann

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Day 17 (Whistler)


Fun day on the mountain...well, on the cross country trails.  With the Pro Downhills going on and after seeing the masses of people yesterday on the mountain, I opted for a 3 hour 'tour' with a guide.  OMG...if you've ever done single track cross country, you know what I'm talking about when I say your legs BURN.  At least with downhill mountain biking, you ride a chairlift to the top, then it's all downhill.  NOT crosscountry...you pedal uphill!

Here's a couple 'action' shots...












Paul (Holland), myself, and Marcelles (French/Swiss) photo op during a break in the crosscountry action.  Paul was my 'guide' who was trying to kill me for 3 hours!  Marcelles is a local legend...what a personality!  We hit it off like we were old friends...Marcelles you are one cool 'kat'!


I survived!  Thank you Paul for an incredible experience!


Afterwards I celebrated my survival...


About 4 pints later, I decided I needed a haircut, so off to the local 'salon'.  All haircuts should be this fun!  Thanks Holly (Aussie/Sydney), Anika (Gordie Girl/Newcastle) and Emma (Aussie/Melbourne) and I'll be looking for the 'Chopper' movie!


Then a stroll back through The Village...


...back to...


...for some more spaghetti, meatballs, and mushrooms!  Love The Old Spaghetti Factory!!!


Tomorrow should be interesting, as I have to make an appointment at Ducati of Vancouver, and there's loud thunder outside as I write this...












1 comment:

  1. mmmm geeze... spaghettis ! ! Nice hair cut.. I like it... I thought for a minute you were training to make "le tour de france" next year... !

    ReplyDelete