"You are dead a long time, so enjoy the time you have while you are alive"





Audio: Dave Is On The Road Again by Manfred Mann

Monday, August 11, 2014

Day 16 (Kamloops to Whistler)

Today was the day my wingman, Scott Boyle, had to head back home.  For the better part of the last week and a half we rode together from his place in Rathdrum, ID to Kamloops, BC and together were able to share the experience of riding through the Canadian Rockies...I doubt either of us will forget it!  I'd also like to give a 'shout out' to Scott for being an excellent campfire cook...I'll miss that!  

So now it's 'solo' time...and on to Whistler, BC!

Yesterday's ride from Clearwater to Kamloops was only about an hour and a half and the scenery was mostly Riverlands and Ranchlands, so there wasn't much to photograph.  Today's departure from Kamloops and into the mountains, the topography began to immediately change. 


I'm on Indian land now, first stop, a trading post for fuel, candy bar, and Gatorade...


Old School fuel pump...I remember these types of pumps from when I was in high school and gas was .75/gal...ah, the good 'ol days!


Starting to climb in elevation...temps down to 49 in the shade...


Beautiful views again...


I followed this creek/river most of the way to Whistler...


We obviously don't see much of these in the LA area, so bear with me as I indulge...


Running creeks are cool!


So are wooden bridges!


It's up into the mountains now...


Real mountains again...


The run through the mountains was almost all twisty, two lane roads.  I think 80% of the run to Whistler was in 2nd thru 4th gears!  FUN!


Ride the World!  Seriously...get out there and see it!


Love the mountain backdrop and the green forests...


And then I arrived...Whistler!  Hope to get some mountain biking in tomorrow, but there is a Pro Event going on, so not sure about access to lifts or runs...stay tuned!


A bit further into 'The Village'...


A little 'moosing' around...


A bite to eat...Lloyd Proffitt I found another one, I just had to travel 3600 miles to find it!


Some wine by the 'campfire' to close down the night...































1 comment: