"You are dead a long time, so enjoy the time you have while you are alive"





Audio: Dave Is On The Road Again by Manfred Mann

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Day 24 (Victoria to Port Angeles)

It was up early at the Burton's, the ferry had a scheduled departure time of 10:30, they want you there 90 minutes prior to departure, to clear immigration, and additionally, I did not have a reservation.  So it was on the road and I pulled into the ferryport around 8:00 am.  I was the first motorcycle there.  I paid the 44.45 CDN and was told to park in the number one spot.  Parked, I had time to walk the seaboard area and watch as the planes 'taxied' and depart...pretty cool off the water!


Here are all the motorcycles lined up, ready to board, but before you can board, you have to wait for the immigration officers to come to your bike, they ask you a series of questions, once satisfied you are told to go to the immigration office, they stamp you through, and you go back to your bike and wait to board.


Here's my ride, the M.V. COHO...a big ferry!


Lined up and ready...motorcycles first, then anything and everything next...


The M.V. COHO parking at the dock...


Once docked, out of the hull they come...


To include semi's with full trailers!


IKRAN chocked and tied down.  This boat ride was not like the one from Vancouver to Nanaimo.  That one required no tie downs.  This one, OMG, when we hit the wake generated by freighters, the boat rolled side to side BIG TIME!  I had to go down to the parking area and check on my bike.  I found most of the bikers down there making sure their bikes were still upright...mine was!


Here's the packed hull of the M.V. COHO...it's impressive!


Topside, the COHO is more like a cruise ship than the ship from Vancouver to Nanaimo...


Casting off, on our way to Port Angeles, and the USA!


Goodbye Victoria and Canada, it's been FUN!  Good people, great times!


Photo op...


Up front, it's cold and windy!  Not sure what the bell is used for, but it's cool...


Hey...I'm older than the ship...yikes!


Here I am, waiting for the doors to open, and I'll be on my way into Port Angeles to meet my friend Wade Powers...he and his wife, Annie, are hosting me for the next couple of days...


Off the ship, met up with Wade, and a couple hours later we are up in the Olympic National Park!


Here's the mountain range...


Beautiful scenery...


Even some local wildlife...




























No comments:

Post a Comment