"You are dead a long time, so enjoy the time you have while you are alive"





Audio: Dave Is On The Road Again by Manfred Mann

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Day 23 (Victoria)

My host had been nursing a sore back, had not been able to take the 'Duc' out for some time, but he said he was feeling better, and wanted to show me around Brentwood Bay...I'm glad he did!

Here's a view of the bay from above...nice view!


A stop by one of the many docks...


Chemainus...the Mural town...


Cute little, touristy town, famous for it's murals...


Time for a bit of lunch...


Here's a few of murals decorating the sides of the buildings...


I think this was my favorite...


Not sure who Billy Thomas was, but here he is...


'Old School' General Store...


David next to his MTS, at 6'7" and 280 lbs, he still fits on it...and rides it well!


Waiting for the ferry to take us across the bay...


Our little ferry, the M.V. Klitsa...


Cutie collecting our fare...


View from above of the bikes and the crossing...


This is how you chock your bike for crossing, but no tie downs required...


Our dock coming up...


A little closer...in 5 minutes we'll be riding again...quick and easy on and off-loading...


David's wife, Karen, has us stop for some veggies, for dinner...Canadian corn is better that Cali, but Iowa is still the King!


That night David and Karen had me join their family at Butchart Gardens, for a Pink Martini concert!  I have to say, Canadians in general, are some of the nicest people I've met, but the Burton Family, pictured below (Jeremy, Karen, David, and Josh), are at the top!  Jeremy, it was fun watching Top Gun with you and the last of September you be receiving a surprise...Enjoy!


Pink Martini, from Portland, Oregon playing in Buchart Gardens...fun, relaxing, evening!  David, I hope to see you at my place in September!  Thank you again, to the Burton Family for hosting me!






















4 comments:

  1. What a trip!! I live on the Island and I haven't seen as many places as you have in the last couple of days. Keep riding, I'm looking forward to the next leg.
    BTW, nice of you to mention Terry Fox as he is one of my personal heroes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arv! You are living the dream in a great place!

      Delete
  2. Great to meet you Dave and loved riding with you. Safe travels on the rest of your journey and hope to see you at your place next month! D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Likewise David. You've a super family! See ya in Cali!

      Delete