"You are dead a long time, so enjoy the time you have while you are alive"





Audio: Dave Is On The Road Again by Manfred Mann

Friday, August 1, 2014

Day 5 (Coeur d' Alene)

Thursday was much needed chill day.  Scott took me into Coeur d'Alene for some sightseeing.  Nice, clean town.  One thing I have noticed up here in Idaho is that people are very friendly.  Everybody says 'hi' to you...it's pretty cool!  Here's some pics from the marina area...


Enjoying a bier in the marina resort...


Me testing the waters...75 degrees!  


The pic is grainy, max zoom, and then zoomed again when editing, but lots of seaplanes here...


I found my boat...Life Is Good!


Some nice 'boats' down in the marina...I like the 40' Carver!


But this is probably more my speed...


...but I did find this one I really liked...$$$$$!  My initial impression of Coeur d' Alene is thumbs up!  Nice people, incredible scenery, awesome lake...just not sure I could handle the winters.

Later in the evening Scott, Claudette, & Amanda treated me to a great dinner at Capone's in Hayden, ID.  After that we retired (pun intended) to Scott's home/back patio, to watch the many deer come in from the treeline to feed on the field grass...pretty cool!









No comments:

Post a Comment