"You are dead a long time, so enjoy the time you have while you are alive"





Audio: Dave Is On The Road Again by Manfred Mann

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Skagway, Good Hope Lake, Smithers, Lac La Hache, The Trans Canadian Hwy and the run home! (August 7-11)

Skagway was a blast, but it was time to move on.  It was off to Good Hope Lake and Boya Provincial Campground.  This was our way up, now we were doing it in reverse. 


Back into Canada and British Columbia...

 
I think British Columbia is the most scenic of the Canadian Provinces.  The weather wasn't always kind to us in BC, but when it did clear, the scenery was incredible.  This pic was taken from our campsite at Boya Lake Provincial Park.


More Boya Lake...


Pic across Boya Lake in the evening.
 

Campfire at night.


Boya Lake as we broke camp early the next morning.


On the road again, beautiful British Columbia scenery and weather!


When we had ridden up, it was rain for 4 or 5 days, so seeing the scenery in the sunlight was quite a bit better.


Lac La Hache/Crystal Springs Campground and us going thur our cooking routine.  Scott at one end cooking up the dogs, me at the other end, cooking up the chili!


Celebrating a great trip together with Scott.  This is our last night together on the trip.  Tomorrow he goes southeast, I go south.  It's been a great adventure!


Scott planning his route for tomorrow.


I cleaned IKRAN up as best I could for the final run home.


The road I wanted to ride was the Trans Canadian Highway.  I spent a few weeks in British Columbia on last year's motorcycle trip, but never got to ride this road.  Now was my chance.  It did not disappoint.  The highlight was Hell's Gate, in Fraser Canyon.  OMG!  The mountains, the river.  Best of the trip!


Made it to Albany, Oregon for the night.  Long day, tomorrow would be longer, as I decided I'd make a run for home.


870 miles, 14 1/2 hours, I pulled into the G'Raj Mahal


I was greeted with a kiss from Patty, and an Alaskan Amber!  Fitting end to an incredible journey!!!  Stay tuned for Baja, Mexico in March ;-))

























1 comment:

  1. It's hilarious that you stopped in Albany, Oregon of all places - that's where I stopped on my way up last year! Funny. Great write up, thx for posting. db

    ReplyDelete