"You are dead a long time, so enjoy the time you have while you are alive"





Audio: Dave Is On The Road Again by Manfred Mann

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Day 10 (Banff to Lake Louise)

After a night of light drizzle, we woke to morning of sunshine, packed up the camp, and headed off to Lake Louise.  It's an easy drive from Banff to Lake Louise, but once there...OMG, the traffic, it's packed!  And I mean PACKED with cars, tour buses, motorcycles, and anything else mobile.  However, the scenery is worth it...

Major $$$ to stay here...


We did find some parking...you may have noticed I've picked up a riding mate.  Meet Wally, not really sure how the name came about, just started calling him that.  Anyway, I came across him in Banff, he seemed like a good fit for the back of the bike, and he's been riding with me since (seems folks approve, as he gets a lot of 'thumbs ups' on the road).


Horse stables on the way up to the hotel


A glimpse of the front of the hotel.


Mountains in the backdrop are awesome!


Photo op!


Lake Louise in back of the hotel.


The back of the hotel, facing the lake, talk about 'a room with a view'!  Shops and restaurants are on the bottom.


Another view


After spending a couple hours at Lake Louise it was back to the campsite and BBQing for the evening.



As a footnote, I must add, that I thought Lake Louise was somewhat anticlamatic.  I'd seen the pics before we embarked on this trip and when I was actually standing there, it felt as if I was looking at a pic.  Beautiful, but too commercialized.  
























No comments:

Post a Comment