"You are dead a long time, so enjoy the time you have while you are alive"





Audio: Dave Is On The Road Again by Manfred Mann

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Camping Gear

Disclosure:  This is my first post using an Apple iPad Air, which is what I'll be using on the road to update the blog.  Pics were a wireless transfer from the Lumix Camera to the iPad, then text/pics loaded to the blog from the iPad Air.  Pretty cool!

A good portion of this trip will be spent camping, so best to make sure all the gear is in order...


Above is the camping gear that I will bring along.
  
Items shown:
Tourmaster bike cover, Wolfman Bag (everything in this pic will fit in the Wolfman, which will be strapped to the passenger seat), ALPS Mountaineering 4 season tent, ALPS 15 degree sleeping bag, ALPS inflatable pad, REI camping chair, ThermaCell Mosquito Repellent, Black Diamond light, and GSI cooking utensils.



ALPS Mountaineering tent is a 3 man/4 season set up, which is much larger and heavier duty than I need for a solo/summer trip, takes up more room on the bike than I'd like, but at this point, I'll go with what I've got.  12 days until departure...




2 comments:

  1. 2 days to go for your retirement... welcome to the club.... usualy a retiree gives a party....so I've been waiting for it... lol
    On your trip... watch out and be safe we luv you !! !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guy...this time the party will be at your place in the south of France!
    I actually have 3 days to go. I took an overtime mid shift on Friday night, so when I get off at 6 am, on Saturday morning, I'll be walking out the doors for the last time! Then Sunday, it's off on my odyssey!

    ReplyDelete